Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

webview user in hosted environment

Dear all,

I have a admin workstation with 8 instance install. I create a user in a instance under userlist with the check box for webview permission.

The user can access the webview page for this instance. But the problem is that this user can also access other instances' webview pages.

Please help me know what the problem like this or if any one have the same problem like me.

Thank you,

Thanh

7 Replies 7

Lets stick to a Call Type report.  Are all the call types created under the right instance?

david

I wonder why one user create for one instance can log in to any pages

of other instances. It is not saying on the Cisco documents.
Documents say all reporting must be seperated.

Do you have 8 different customers or do you mean 8 different cicm complex?

Within the same cicm you cannot have any restrictions between the different customers when it comes to webview but if you have different cicm complex

it should work since if i´m not totaly wrong here you must use separate pg, router and logger for every new cicm you builds up and therefore the user would not reside on the same peripheral as the others.

Thank for your reply,

8 instances stay on the same platform or 1 CICM complex (CICM complex include router, logger, pg and admin workstation).

all instances on the same domain. The problem is that one webview use on an instance can access on any of 8 instances.

Yes, and thats why you cannot restrict users from entering others webview data since they are on the same

CICM as i see it. I´m using Hosted as well and i cannot find any way to do this. The only restriction you can do is re-skilling access

and to what team they are allowed to edit.

the processes for each instance are seperated from others. Each instance runs on its own process I mean.

the configuration manager is different also, I use AW select to choose with instance to be configure. I create a webview user via this tool.

but this account can access any page (like http://icmaws/cust01 or http://icmaws/cust02....). It is not like what I read from document (cisco document says everythings are seperated from instance level).

Your hosted sytem is the same with us? Or you use multi-customer per instance?

I have multiple customers within the same instance. I thought you had the same as well but i was wrong.

I dont know why this is not working for you, if it should work. Have you checked the user in the domain manager and see if it exists in all instances?

If it is, cannot you just remove the user from the instances that you would like to block for this user? There is a webview security group within every instance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: