Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

weird behavior in UCCX 8.x with playing prompts from UCCX server file system

Hi team!

I have a strage behavior at one of my customers.

He wants to make an update from UCCX 7 to UCCX 8.5 and there are a lot of issues with playing prompts from UCCX server file directory.

The customer has a script for UCCX 7 which records a prompt file for a preannouncement and writes this prompt to d:\prompts\file.wav on UCCX 7 server.

Another script which is using this new created preannouncement plays this file via PlayPrompt FILE[d:\prompts\file.wav].

Because there was a big change from UCCX 7 to UCCX 8.x with playing prompts from UCCX file system I thought it is not possible to use these scripts in UCCX 8.5 BUT against one's expectations it works fine with UCCX 8.5.1!!!

The file will be saved anywhere and another script is able to play this prompt file via Play Prompt FILE[d:\prompts\file.wav]

Can anybody explain this? Where is the file saved? Is it in Prompt Repository or in Document Repository?

And how is the syntax to list this file on UCCX server CLI? Where can I find it? Is it possible to save a prompt file on the UCCX server via another process for instance a webserver job?

Can anybody find answers for my questions?

Cheers,

Tobias

1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

weird behavior in UCCX 8.x with playing prompts from UCCX server

I believe the BU wrote a transform into the MIVR engine code to change well-known Windows paths to the customer directory path in Linux. You would need to turn up MIVR log levels to be sure; however, I can guarantee that there is no D:\Prompts folder in Linux. This transform isn't documented so updating you scripts would be a good idea since it could disappear in any future patch/update. Ideally you should rewrite the script to authenticate and upload the prompt into the repository, not the file system.

You can see the contents of the customer directory from the CLI: 'file uccx { list | view | get | tail | delete }'.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or
Views
Helpful
Replies