Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cisco Employee

WFO Virtualization and Co-res support?

Looking at the specs on the wiki…

If my customer has 2 C210 servers for all of his UC apps. Would it be supported to run the Base Server VM on C210 #1 and the recording server on C210 #2?

Virtualization Support for Cisco Unified Workforce Optimization (WFO) 8.5.2 in Unified CCX 8.5

Cisco WorkForce Management (WFM) and Compliance Recording (CR)/ Quality Manager (QM)/ Advanced Quality Managers (AQM) version 8.5.2 in Unified CCX 8.5 are certified to run on any Cisco UCS server with resources available to support this template. As such it can be co-resident on the UCS platform with any number of other virtual machines running any other applications.

Cisco WFO Services supported for virtualization include the following:

• Cisco WFM 8.5.2 – Complete system on one virtual server
  • Cisco QM 8.5.2 Base Server – All QM services except recording
  • Cisco QM 8.5.2 Recording Server – Recording services for QM Network (BIB) or Server (SPAN) recording

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/File:NotePencil.gif

Note:

• No recording server is required for Desktop recording since recording is done by a service on each recorded user's PC therefore only the Base server is required.
  • Network(BIB) or Server (SPAN) recording must be on separate virtual or physical servers as the option for running these services co-resident on the Base server for a small number of these users is not supported on the UCS platform.
  • Virtualizing the Monitor server for Server (SPAN) recording is not supported on the UCS platform.
2 REPLIES

Re: WFO Virtualization and Co-res support?

Hi,

Yes you have to install the Base server and recording server in different UCS platform.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Virtualization_for_Unified_CCX#Virtualization_Support_for_Cisco_Unified_Workforce_Optimization_.28WFO.29_8.5.2_in_Unified_CCX_8.5

========================

The following combination of VMs are supported for Cisco Unified  Workforce Optimization (WFO) 8.5.1 in a co-residence deployment with  Unified CCX 8.5 only:

• Unified CCX and Compliance Recording (CR)/ Quality Manager (QM)/ Advanced Quality Managers (AQM)
  • Unified CCX and Cisco WorkForce Management (WFM)
  • QM and WFM
  • Unified CCX, QM, and WFM

Cisco WFO Services supported for virtualization include the following:

• Cisco WFM 8.5.2 – Complete system on one virtual server
  • Cisco QM 8.5.2 Base Server – All QM services except recording
  • Cisco QM 8.5.2 Recording Server – Recording services for QM Network (BIB) or Server (SPAN) recording

NoteNote:

• No recording server is required for Desktop recording since  recording is done by a service on each recorded user's PC therefore only  the Base server is required.
  • Network(BIB) or Server (SPAN) recording must be on separate  virtual or physical servers as the option for running these services  co-resident on the Base server for a small number of these users is not  supported on the UCS platform.
  • Virtualizing the Monitor server for Server (SPAN) recording is not supported on the UCS platform.

Hope it helps.

Anand

WFO Virtualization and Co-res support?

Hi guys, I will install the WFO 8.5 with QM/CR .... but My enviroment have 2 UCS 220 M3 to install all the solution (CUCM / UCCX / WFO / QM ).

I will use the BiB feature from the IP Phones model 6921, and according the docs I will need of a Recording Server Dedicated ... right ?

I´m confusing about the requirements of this server.

According The Quality Management Installation Guide 8.5(2)  the Recording Server needs 4 vCPU (only for recording ?) ....  and I don´t found a guide to install only the recording server.

Leonardo Oliveira
www.avvid.net

Leonardo Oliveira www.avvid.net "Scientia potentia est"
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content