Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Exactly Happens when Agent state trace is turned on?

ICM, PG and CTIOS Version 8.0(3)

CUCM Version -  7.1.5.36123 -1

I Have enabled agent state trace for all agents as part of some business requirement. Few Days after the changes were made I observed that during Peak Hours CTIOS and PG start behaving abnormaly. They actually become very weird. The CTIOS Bounces at its will stating it lost connectivity with CTISVR, and PG's OPC restarte giving the error for some times Private link communication failure and for some times Public link communication failure.

Have troubleshooted the network and we are absolutely sure that there is no problem in there. Another thing is, another ICM where the Agent State trace is not enabled is working very smoothly.

The actual problem here is, I can not conclude that the issue is because of this change. Need help to relate this change with the issue.

As per Configuration guide, extra bandwidth and other resources are required when enabling agent state trace. Are there any Sizing guidelines for this. Are there any log entries which I can look for to correlate the two?

Any and all help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Chitrangad Pathak

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi

When you turn on this trace, you are just forcing the software to get more information on the agent states.

When it gets more information, then there is more data. All the links will get too busy

Enabling this all the time for all the agents is not at all recommended. When this is turned on for all agents for all the time.

It is expected to see such behaviours during peakhours as all the process are forced to deal with huge data and its a process overhead.

Regards,

Senthil

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi

When you turn on this trace, you are just forcing the software to get more information on the agent states.

When it gets more information, then there is more data. All the links will get too busy

Enabling this all the time for all the agents is not at all recommended. When this is turned on for all agents for all the time.

It is expected to see such behaviours during peakhours as all the process are forced to deal with huge data and its a process overhead.

Regards,

Senthil

Hi Senthil,

Thanks a lot for your response. I understand what you explained. I need some document or tool\ log snippet to explain the this behaviour to the audience here.

That is where I am stuck and need help

Warm regards

Chitrangad Pathak

Hi Chitrangad,Did you ever

Hi Chitrangad,

Did you ever get your documentation to prove this was the cause.  I also have an issue and Agent State Trace has been turned on for all agents for years and of course we have had many unexplained issues thru the years especially during peak periods.

Thanks,

Kathy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content