Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens with multiple queue to skill nodes?

How does the queue to skill node work if, in the same queue script you have a queue to skill node with one skill (SG1) and then right after that node you have another queue to skill node with that skill again and another one as well.  SG1 and SG2

I guess specifically does the timer reset for SG1 calls every time it hits another queue to skill node with that skill listed?  Or does the router just say oh hey...this call is already queued to this skill group...?  Or does it"requeue" it and reset any timers that might be used for determining how long the call has been in queue?              

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES

I've never personally tested this, but I would assume that the time in queue would not be affected.  However, as a personal rule of thumb I don't do because I feel it's lazy scripting.  Can you add a consider if statement from preventing calls to requeue to the skill group they are already in?

david

Hall of Fame Super Silver

The counter does not restart, this is a way to expend your queue to include SG2 if there are no agents available to take the call in SG1. I've done this many times and it works fine.

HTH,

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content