Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's The Best Way to Re-direct Calls?

We have a small staffed help desk and there are times that the call volume exceeds our port capacity

I was trying to figure out if there is a “threshold” configuration that can be set to then re-route the calls to a recording rather than a busy signal,

or is there a better way to address this problem

3 REPLIES

Re: What's The Best Way to Re-direct Calls?

Hi,

There's a few options here to support this.

If you wanted a complete UCCX solution, then you could do two things in UCCX:

1. Modify the session limit on your trigger and application such that your trigger limit stays the same as your current application session limit, and then lower your application session limit by three or so.  These three sessions will be used to play the announcement to the caller.
  2. Create a brand new script which will play the busy announcement to the caller, and you'll configure this new script as the default script on your application.  Unfortunately, the default script will not receive the reason the call aborted.  I.e., Application Limit Exceeded, however, you can profile the call as such by the following: Contact should be active, contact aborting should be true, and aborting exception will be null.  For all other profiled calls, you should perform a Call Direct to "PROBLEMS" which will give the normal aborting treatment to your callers.

Here's a screenshot of the script you'll use for your reference (Note: The S[9] prompt is a placeholder, where you'll put your "busy" message):

uccx-app-limit-exceeded.png

If you wanted something else to handle the call, then just configure the Forward Busy destination on your trigger.  You could point it to a voicemail greeting or something like that.  Just know that the field in UCCX AppAdmin applies to External callers only, so if you need the same treatment for internal phones you'll have to go into CUCM Administration and override the setting there, but at the cost of having your UCCX data out of sync.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

What's The Best Way to Re-direct Calls?

Thanks!!!!!  Especailly for the quick reply - This will get me started in the right direction.

Re: What's The Best Way to Re-direct Calls?

Great!  And if you end up with a working solution would you mine posting what method you used and then marking the thread as answered/resolved?  I look forward to your reply.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content