Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ria

When the agent is in ready state, call has to go to voice mail incase the call is not answered

I need to create a script for  helpdesk setup.  When call hits the CSQ, if agents are free the call will get connect to an agent, else it will be queued. Till here i am clear. The step where i have stuck is , when the  agent is in ready state and when the call gets connect to that agent, due to some reasons if agent, do not answer the call, it has to get transfer to voice mail .  Can someone help me with this please... We are using UCCX 8.5...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There might be a few ways to

There might be a few ways to tackle this..but I think the easiest way is to Create a New User Variable (keep it's value set to null), Change the Select Resource Step Connect Radio Button From Yes to No, and set the Select Resource to the User Type you created, Add a Connect Step from the ACD Folder..and set the Resource Selected to the User (once again)...in the Failed Output Branch is where you will place the Call Redirect Step in the Case of RNA..attached is a sample of what this would look like..Let me know how this works out for you..

8 REPLIES

There might be a few ways to

There might be a few ways to tackle this..but I think the easiest way is to Create a New User Variable (keep it's value set to null), Change the Select Resource Step Connect Radio Button From Yes to No, and set the Select Resource to the User Type you created, Add a Connect Step from the ACD Folder..and set the Resource Selected to the User (once again)...in the Failed Output Branch is where you will place the Call Redirect Step in the Case of RNA..attached is a sample of what this would look like..Let me know how this works out for you..

There have been a few

There have been a few postings on the problem with this solution by Anthony Holloway. The Fail branch will not be entered if there is more than 1 agent logged in and ready, it will simply go on to the next agent. I tried this approach and ran into this problem. I had to re-implement an entire queuing solution so I could use Select Resource (1 agent at a time), and if that Select resulted in a Fail branch, I knew the agent was busy or not answering. 

Makes perfect sense..

Not sure how Anthony solved this..I'll probably check it out..but it's "simple" logic and verifying the behavior of the application..check above logic..

Ria

Hello Sam,I really appreciate

Hello Sam,

I really appreciate your response....... I followed the steps shared by you, it didnt workout for me.  For testing, a CSQ with only one agent is created. When call hits CSQ, if agent doesnt answer the call, its not redirecting to voice mail. The call is again going to the same agent. I have attached the script for your reference. Please suggest if there are any other methods.

I'm confused..you marked the

Not sure the logic that Anthony used in some of the prior solutions but try following Logic in the ScreenShot and let me know how it works out for you..

As Jeff mentioned (and I overlooked) If there is a Ring No Answer and there is another Agent Ready then the first Step in the Failed Output Branch will not Evaluate..the Script Logic takes the "caller" back to the Select RSRC Step..so I'm doing an IF check to ensure that wasn't the case..and if it was then I will Dequeue the call and perform the necessary transfer..(after the Successful Transfer you probably should Goto a Terminate Step)..Cheers

Ria

Hello Sam,I am not able to

Hello Sam,

I am not able to understand this.. Could you please share sample script....

Thanks is advance.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Ria

Thank you for all your

Thank you for all your assistance Sam.... Finally it worked out...... smileysmileysmiley

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content