Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

which Central controller is active?

Hello,

I am new to Cisco contact center environment and was curious about how could i find that which side of central controller is active? I am under the impression that the ccagent on the PGs just mentions that which PG(A or B) is active and not the central controller. I am also under the impression that RouterA and LoggerB cannot be active at the same time. its always the central controller which is active or idle and not the individual components router/logger.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Hi - Both Router will process the calls and both Router will be active at same time, Even if Router - A goes down all the control wil be taken by Router - B and process the call further.

And at the same time both Logger will get the same infomation about the call.

Incase of PG, one side of PGAGENT will be active with central controller, other side of PGAGENT will be not active.

It also depends on PG Configuration where you can define which side of Router to communicte with either Side - A or Side or No Side Preferrence.

If you opting for No Side Preference, it will start communicating with Side A, Since in configuration you woll define Side A  Router First and Side B.

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

>>And at the same time both Logger will get the same infomation about the call.

If Router goes down(say router A), Logger A  also goes idle, as well as all the DMP connections to the PGs for Router A. Logger A can't receive the data from Router B.

>> I am under the impression that the ccagent on the PGs just mentions that which PG(A or B) is active and not the central controller.

cgag communicates with both the sides of PGs. So each side of the cgag(router) will have two connection (Pgag side A and Pgag side B).

>>I am also under the impression that RouterA and LoggerB cannot be active at the same time.

Typically both the sides of router and logger(A & B) will be active.

Dear,     As siva said both router will be active same time. And what have u saw from the pg is that which router that the pigs connected. So if u have a pair pg In each side then one pg shows that active with respective side router and idle with another.if one router is down it will auto connect with idle router. Which is with respect to pg which router is connected. But there will be always preference to respective side router. Please let us know if you have further query on this. Shalid . Rate if the post is helpfull.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: