Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Who is the Publisher/Subscriber?

Hi everybody!

Something that always trouble me is determining who is the publisher and who is the subscriber in a cluster environment either using the CLI or the website.

If I'm not wrong, you set who is going to be the publisher during the installation, so this shouldn't change, right?

if the above is right, then my questions is... How can I know who is the active node?

I really love the way CUPS shows it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/i/200001-300000/270001-280000/279001-280000/279957.jpg

BUt I cannot find something similar for the CUCM, UCCX, CUC, can you show me where I need to go?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

CUCM and UCCX using CLI:

show network cluster

I don't know anything about CUC but I guess it should be similar.

G.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

CUCM and UCCX using CLI:

show network cluster

I don't know anything about CUC but I guess it should be similar.

G.

Hi,

can u share the output of command utils service list form CUCM and UCCX?

If it is a Publisher, u should find Primary Node =True  else False at end of output.

I am not sure about UCCX , but for CUCM it works.

regds,

aman

Ravi Shankar Pandit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On UCCX if you go to System-->Server then you will find node-1 and node-2

Note:- in UCCX there is no concept of PUB/SUB. we have master and slave . any of the server can become master

depending on the status of CCX engine .

Node-1 is the 1st server in cluster and Node-2 is 2nd.

Regards

Ravi

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOUR ANSWERS!!!

I really appreciate it!!! all the commads were really helpful!!!

Gergely Szabo suggested the command show network cluster this is the output.

admin:show network cluster

10.10.214.10 cucm01p.office.com cucm01p Publisher authenticated

10.10.215.10 cucm01p.office.com cucm01p Subscriber authenticated using TCP since Tue Nov 19 02:28:52 2013

10.10.214.12 cups01p.office.com cups01p Subscriber authenticated using TCP since Tue Nov 19 02:30:42 2013

10.10.215.12 cups01p.office.com cups01p Subscriber authenticated using TCP since Tue Nov 19 02:34:38 2013

Server Table (processnode) Entries

Successful

Which works great for all my nodes CUCM, CUPS, CUC, UCCX... for CUC and UCCX they are showed as an individual cluster, is that ok?

*************************************************************************************************************************************

amanso@hcl.in suggested the command utils service list this are the final lines.

SOAP -Real-Time Service APIs[STARTED]

System Application Agent[STARTED]

Cisco Serviceability Reporter[STOPPED]  Service Not Activated

Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Reporting Service[STOPPED]  Service Not Activated

Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Serviceability Service[STOPPED]  Service Not Activated

Platform Administrative Web Service[STOPPED]  Service Not Activated

Primary Node =false

Really cool! I uses that command quite often but I never notice that particular line.

********************************************************************************************************************************

Now, last but no least Ravi Shankar Pandit suggested to go to System--Server in UCCX, this is the output

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/trasgo04/UCCX.png

All the three options works great!!! thank you so much!!!!

Hi Ravi,

thanks for sharing[+5].

It just slipped out of mind that UCCX in HA works in Master/Slave mode.

I think in UCXN, it should be Master or True both since Unity Connection in HA works in Active/Active mode.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: