Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WIM 4.4 Customer Email as Name

Currently there appears to be no way to include a customer's entered email address in an Abandon Notifiction.  However I'm trying to work around this.

In chat, it can be configured to prompt a customer for name and email address.  If you put name in there, the chat will list their name (i.e. Andrew).  If you do not include the name as an available field, the chat will default the customer name to "Customer".  This must be a configuration somewhere on the server that determines if no customer name is chosen to use a default value.

What I am trying to do is see if it is possible to change this setting so that instead of displaying customer name in the chat field, it will instead display the customers email address as their "name".  So when abandoned chats take place, the notification will show the email address of the attempted chatter.  I know that you can run reports to get this information, but that appears to be too much for some people to handle.  Does anybody know of anyways to accomplish what is being requested?  Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY

WIM 4.4 Customer Email as Name

A scheduled report delivered to the user mailbox is the way to go, drilldown allows you to view the data.

Changing the form to accomodate viewing abandoned data is not the right approach.

Alternatively you can create a data adaptor using a select sql like this,

select b.contact_point_data from egpl_casemgmt_activity b,from egpl_routing_queue awith (nolock)

where a.queue_id=b.queue_id

and b.activity_type=2000

and b.activity_sub_status =9200

you can use dateadd to specify the time frame

you can use this usage link in an alarm worklflow and send the contact data just for abandoned chats through alarm workflow create outbound email.

as you can see report is the best way to go.

Views
Helpful
Replies