Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 64 bit not monitoring on UCCX 7.0(2)

Hi,

I upgraded a 7.0(1) system to 7.0(2) to get support for Windows 7 and CSD is still not able to monitor agent calls who are on Windows 7 64 bit OS versions. The 7.02 release notes document states WIndows 7 is supported and WoW64 but doesn't mention anything about any limitations that I can see. I've ran postinstall, etc and everything checks out.

In this document, it states Windows 7 / WOW64 suppoort for 7.0(2) but has note for 8-0 that montoring is not supported for WOW64 just for 8.0.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7046/ps7282/product_bulletin_c25-563280_ps427_Products_Bulletin.html

So is there a special way to install CAD / CSD as WOW64 on Windows 7 64 bit, or is there something else going on preventing the monitoring not working for windows 7 agents?  The supervisors can monitor Windows XP agents just fine, except for one agent which we're working on the agents PC to see whats going on.

12 REPLIES
Silver

CAD installs a "Packet Capture Driver" into Windows and there are two versions, one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit.

The 64bit is called "Calabrio Packet Capture Driver" and the 32 bit is called "Spanlink Packet Capture Driver"

I have a TAC case open at the moment where a large number of Windows 7 64bit machines have installed the 32 bit Spanlink driver. These are all Windows 7 ultimate. My machines are running Windows 7 professional and install correctly.

Run Regedit and look in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SPCD to see which one is installed on your PC.

If this is your problem I would be interested to know which Windows 7 you are running.

Graham

Thanks, I will check this out. Probably will be Monday/Tuesday until I know.

Is there a way to correct it? IE: Uninstall CAD, manually delete the registry entry/key, etc? then reboot and reinstall?

Erick

Graham,

Is there a special way to install CAD / CSD in WOW64 mode or is that done automatically behind the scenes?

Silver

There is no special way to install CAD, it is just a msi file. On both my Windows 7 professional machines it installed fine. I have remote access to a couple of the customers machines so I have tried uninstall/re-install. I did not want to patch the registry in case I BSOD their machine. If I was on site I would have a go.

The customer has around 180 machines running Windows 7 ultimate and none of them have installed the correct packet driver.

The install program must detect if this is a 64 bit OS and install the 64 bit driver, or in some cases maybe not.

If your machines have installed the correct driver there is a test program. C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Desktop\bin.

Make a call from the agents phone, internal is OK and then run NICQ.exe its output is written to a file called NICQ_Output.txt

Graham

Re: Windows 7 64 bit not monitoring on UCCX 7.0(2)

Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit.

The Registry has the Calibro packet driver listed. See attached screen shot. Does your imagepath have the ?? at the beginning?

Graham,

Did you get your issue resolved? I'm opening a TAC ticket on this problem now also.

Silver

Yes we had to patch the registry to get the 64 bit packet capture installed and then run postinstall.exe to select the correct NIC.

All of mine are now good.

My image path does have the ?? just like yours.

Graham

Do you remember the registry changes you had to do and mind sharing?

Thanks, Erick.

Silver

Hi Erick

We patched HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\SPCD

so that ImagePath pointed to: \??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\spcd.sys

and patched the Display name to say: Calabrio Packet Capture Driver

Just the same as the jpg you posted.

We then rebooted and had to run

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Desktop\bin\PostInstall.exe and select the NIC

There is a bug ID for it installing the wrong packet capture version but its not visible externally.

Graham

Thanks,

I'm going over this with TAC as my settings match what you have, and yours is working when your PCs match the settings I had for 64 bit driver it seems. I'm going to have to go this location myself later this week and do web ex with TAC and figure this out with them once they come up with a game plan. We've already done reboots, and postinstall.exe and selected right NIC (only one NIC in these PCs). I also took a spare PC and installed Windows 7 64 bit on it from scratch (firewall disabled) with only CAD and have the same problem. NICQ also comes back with no errors and a wireshark capture shows the traffic from phone fine.

Silver

Are you sure this is not a Codec issue. It not running G722 is it?

Graham

I don't believe so, I will check that out that though. I know if the problem user logs in on a XP machine it works fine.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content