cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Work around for User ID 32 character limitation in CCX Agent?

derekdinehart
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any kind of creative work arounds for getting past the ridiculous 32 character limit when logging into the CCX Agent?

We are moving toward using the User Principal Name (UPN) in CUCM LDAP which means that the domain is now tacked onto the end of their existing User IDs.  We are doing this so that users from multiple domains can authenticate to various Cisco tools and apps.  It works very well, except when firing up the Agent!

I've already been playing around with UPN suffixes, and while I can get them to show up in CUCM (and subsequently), I can't seem to get them to authenticate.

I shouldn't even have to get this creative, just remove the 32 character limit, Cisco!

We are running CCX 8.5 and CUCM 8.6

1 Reply 1

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi ,

I am not aware about any such workarounds.

After referring to the below guide,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851ag.pdf

On page 78, it is mentioned as,

Caution : When logging into Cisco Agent Desktop, agents use the Unified CM user ID and password. While the Unified CM limits agent IDs to 128 alphanumeric characters, the Unified CCX limits agent IDs to 31 alphanumeric characters. Be sure to abide by the 31 character-limit when configuring agents in Unified CM.

I am sure even if it works by some workarounds also, you may see some issues specially from the CAD\CSD\CDA side, which Cisco will not support it quoting the same above reason.

Hope it helps,

Anand

Please Rate helpful posts !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: