Views
Helpful
Replies

Work Timer Expired - What does it mean?

ecornwell
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

We've been using IPCCx 4.01sr1 for about a year. Now that our agents have gotten used to the software, management has decided to really get into the reporting and start to pull some numbers. They are getting a system generated reason code for our agents being not reay and I can't find anything about it.

The reason code is: "Work Timer Expired"

We have the agents set to Automatic Work and a 10 sec Wrapup Time. This gives the agents time to finish what they are doing before they get the next call.

Some of the agents are being made not ready with the code above and they aren't noticing it.

Does anyone know why this would happen? My guess it that it is entering work mode, then after 10 seconds not going back to ready. After another set amount of time, it's making them not ready and leaving work mode. How do I stop/prove this is happening?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Please take a look at your CSQ setup. under CRS admin app, when you go to your RMCM, CSQ after you select your desired Q second screen will show you the details of wrap up, after work etc if you make them 0 they will be in redy immediately if you think your firm needs more time may be put it to 20 seconds.

If the agents are ready prior to that they can always overide that by selecting Ready button.

This should hopefully fix your issue.

Thanks,

Baseer.

We currently have them set for 10 seconds. It seems to work great. The problem is, sometimes in the Agent State report they have a not ready reason of "Work Timer Expired." I don't have anything set to allow them to work for any other reason and they don't have the work buttons to press.

try to restart your services or ipcc also see how your agents are hanging up or terminating calls.

Baseer.

It doesn't happen enough that its a problem. The agents just want to know why it is happening and management wants to know what it means. I haven't been able to find anything that says why they get that message and that's really what I'm looking for.

We are also expiriencing the same problem. Our configuration is per spec for this to be working properly. I've even double checked the documentation: http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_configuration_example09186a008088c19d.shtml

We are still getting agents going into not ready and not going back into ready after the specified wrap-up time (ours is set for 60 secs) We are getting the same Reason Code for not ready status 32758 (Work Timer Expired)

I noticed someone mentioned in the thread "how are agents hanging up?" If agents do not use CAD to hang up and just hang up the phone will this affect the wrapup timer?

We've tried the usual, cluster reboot, restarting services, etc.

For what it's worth here's a screen shot of part of the script. We are routing calls directly to the agent and not CSQ. Would this be causing the issue?

Found the bug responsible for this behavior:

Cisco bug ID: CSCsk06089

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: