Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Would it cause any harm to stop the DBworker process on the logger and let it restart during business hours?

I'm trying to connect to a database in an ICM script for the first time and I added a new database user to the Router registry. I think I must have to restart the service to activate the new credentials. Would it cause any harm to stop the DBworker process on the logger and let it restart during business hours?

Everyone's tags (1)
5 REPLIES

Lisa,You shouldn't need to

Lisa,

You shouldn't need to restart any processes. If you already had the database setup in Database Lookup Explorer before putting the credentials in the registry, you can just make a change to the Database Loookup entry, and the Router will try to reconnect.

Also, the Logger has nothing to do with ICM database lookups - the DBworker is part of the Router processes.

-Jameson

-Jameson

This discussion has been

This discussion has been reposted from Cisco User Groups to the Contact Center community.

Silver

Following on this

Following on this

Where is the dbworker process, how do I stop it . Is the path as below , is it just the case of double clicking the "application"- not done it before

c:\icm\bin\_icmx.x.x.x.x\dbworkder.application

second question

I currently have a script referencing databaseA , the db is redundant across two SQL servers so my sqllogin is

"SQLLogin"="\\ServerA\DatabaseA=(domain\user,password),\\ServerB\DatabaseB=(domain\user,password)"

however we have additional scripts which require additional dblookup`s. I`m looking to create the actual tables the dbworker will use on different database using the same servers as before but since the scripts are for different "departments" I thinking to create a separate db for each script with different passwords to completely separate them

Script 1 to use database A and A with logon, password A on servers A and B

Script 2 to use database B and B with logon, password B on servers A and B

Script 3 to use database C and C with logon, password C on servers A and B

so potential my sqllogin will  look like this

"SQLLogin"="\\ServerA\DatabaseA=(domain\userA,password),\\ServerB\DatabaseA=(domain\userA,password),\\ServerA\DatabaseB=(domain\userB,password),\\ServerB\DatabaseB=(domain\userB,password),\\ServerA\DatabaseC=(domain\userC,password),\\ServerB\DatabaseBC(domain\userC,password),"

Is there a limit on the number of SQLLogin I can have in the regedit settings?

Cisco Employee

You can kill the dbworker

You can kill the dbworker process from task manager. it will start automatically (after 10-15 seconds )

SQLLogin reg field is REG_SZ type, so whatever windows limit for that, you can enter that many characters  (going by theory, not tested).

HTH, please rate all useful posts! Sasikumar.

I think you're over

I think you're over complicating this, just have separate tables, less things which could go wrong.

david

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content