Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrap Up Codes - what do you use them for?

I read the doc, and have tested Wrap Up codes.  I was just wondering what are some real world examples of what people use them for?

I think the intended use would be for an agent to indicate what work they are about to complete after the call is over, such as Ticket Documentation, Faxing Paperwork, etc?

I was thinking it might be a nice way to classify calls, for statistical purpose.  You could ask the agent to indicate what the call was about, so we could view those in reports?

Thanks

Bill

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wrap Up Codes - what do you use them for?

Wrap up codes are used to describe the nature of the call that just happened.

Say you are on a help desk, here are some good examples of wrap up codes:

Password Reset

Hardware Failure

General Inquery

Outlook - Cannot Send/Recv

Outlook - Feature Question

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
4 REPLIES
Green

You have to first consider whether you can report on them in a way that enables counting/classification.

I don't know about Express, but in Enterprise the WrapupData column in the TCD (Termination_Call_Detail) table is a varchar(40) - free form text. The agent may select from a set of strings defined by the Configuration, and it seems like you have a classification system, but you don't. There is no auxiliary table in which you define (say) "wrapup codes" (numbers) and corresponding strings - so that you can insert the number in tables that accumulate calls (half hour tables) and so forth and classify them accordingly.

How does it work in Express?

Regards,

Geoff

Wrap up codes are used to describe the nature of the call that just happened.

Say you are on a help desk, here are some good examples of wrap up codes:

Password Reset

Hardware Failure

General Inquery

Outlook - Cannot Send/Recv

Outlook - Feature Question

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thanks guys. I like the idea of using them to classify calls.

Geoff -- In the UCCX Historical Reports tool, there are prebuilt reports for Wrap Up Codes.  Specifically "Agent Wrap Up Data Detail" and "Agent Wrap Up Data Summary".   The summary report nicely graphs the number of calls in each category.  The detail report does the same thing, but breaks it down per agent.

Green

In the UCCX Historical Reports tool, there are prebuilt reports for Wrap Up Codes.  Specifically "Agent Wrap Up Data Detail" and "Agent Wrap Up Data Summary".   The summary report nicely graphs the number of calls in each category.  The detail report does the same thing, but breaks it down per agent.

That's great. Don't have that in Enterprise.

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content