Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Writing files to CCX 8?

CCX, as of 8, is build on the Cisco Lunux appliance model.  There are a few differences between it and the Windows version everyone's been using for years.  I would like to know how custom file management is handled in the 8.  For example, if I want to add a "recording" step in a script and write it to a document parameter called "recorded_doc", let's say.  If I use the "write document" step to write this document to a parameter "file_name" and store it on CCX so that it can be used by a call queue, where is this file stored?  In the Windows version, if I specified a patch for file_name as "Prompts\user\default\HelpDesk\StatusMessage\SystemStatus.wav", I could find it in Windows to confirm that the recording was created and then reference it for playback in other scripts.  How does this work in CCX 8?

I guess the answer to this question should help me understand where to store files for holiday scheduling referencing and so forth?

• Contact Center
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: Writing files to CCX 8?

The idea is the same, except writing the document to file directly. even in the old system, writing to file directly wasn't a good idea because it will not replicate to other services if you have HA. what you should be doing is use the "Upload Prompt" step to move your recordings to the server.

So in your example, you would:

1. Use the Recording step to record your message

2. Use the "Get User" and "Authenticate User" step to authenticate yourself to the server.

3. Use the "Upload Prompt" step to move the records to the server.

You can reference your records from a script with P[filename_here]

2 REPLIES
Bronze

The idea is the same, except writing the document to file directly. even in the old system, writing to file directly wasn't a good idea because it will not replicate to other services if you have HA. what you should be doing is use the "Upload Prompt" step to move your recordings to the server.

So in your example, you would:

1. Use the Recording step to record your message

2. Use the "Get User" and "Authenticate User" step to authenticate yourself to the server.

3. Use the "Upload Prompt" step to move the records to the server.

You can reference your records from a script with P[filename_here]

That's interesting; I've read several posts mentioning the same thing - use the Upload step instead of writing it.  Had no idea it was preferred because of the HA implication.  Good to know.  The script I'm writing this for is for HA.  Much obliged, Chris,

Views
Helpful
Replies