Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

XML file to perform DB dip and return to Agent

I've been asked to update a prompt which when opt 1 is selected for repair the customer is prompted to enter an 11 digit ticket number. This triggers an xml to run which dips into our customer db and pull that ticket opening it on the screen of whomever picks up the call in queue. 

The update request is to modify the xml to first check if the ticket is assigned to 5 separate agents. If it comes up null, then it completes dumping the call into the general repair queue.

I found the .jar file which needs to be edited. I've never done this before. First what do I edit the file with and does anybody have any tips?

Thank you to all in advance.

1 REPLY

A good place to start would

A good place to start would be this article:

UCCX 8.x - a Really Simple SOAP Client (no custom JAR)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/97736/uccx-8x-really-simple-soap-client-no-custom-jar

This shows how to interface with a SOAP server using HTTP POST in UCCX.  Of course it is possible to use a custom jar file to do what you are asking, but that requires JAVA programming skills.

I have seen "middleware" servers that would be used to pull information from a DB UCCX cannot interface with and UCCX use HTTP POST to retrieve information similar to what you are describing.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content