Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Nexus 7009 DC Core Switch with MDS 9250i SAN Switch Design/Deployment Guide between two DC's

I am working on a DC solution between two DC, each site will be using the following devices.

1. 2 x Cisco Nexus 7009 (DC Core Switch)

2. 2 x Cisco Catalyst 6509 (Campus Core Switch)

3. 2 x Cisco ASR 1002 Router

4. 2 x Cisco MDS 9250i SAN Switch

5. IBM HX5 Blade Server

6. IBM V3700 SAN, VMWare, Tape Backup, etc.

DC's will be doing SAN interconnection, remote backup replication and FC I/O communication.

I attached here the HL diagram, can anyone please review this, kindly give comment and recommendation as per Cisco best practice.

I am new to Storage and MDS switch. Further I googled MDS 9250i design/deployment best practice, not found one.

Hoping to receive a response from you soon.

Regards,

Arnold

2 REPLIES

Cisco Nexus 7009 DC Core Switch with MDS 9250i SAN Switch Design

check out this link it might be helpful

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Data_Center/HA_Clusters/HA_FCI_4.html

are you extending L2 over the MPLS L2 provider or you configuring the DC edge devices to use L3 ?

Cisco Nexus 7009 DC Core Switch with MDS 9250i SAN Switch Design

Actually I was thinking of including OTV/LISP solution between the two DC, however I am not that incline as it might complicate the project and I might not able to complete it ontime and might not able to make the solution up and running, as I am not familiar with OTV/LISP.

Views
Helpful
Replies