cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is Dell Twinax Cable Compatible With Nexus?

Hi guys. I hope on the correct Forum area here.

I want to ask about Dell Twinax Cable. Can Dell Twinax Cable with Product Number V15WR used for connection between Nexus 7000, 5000 or 2000 ?

If it can or can't, I hope somebody can give me a link to document state that condition.

Many thanks.

Regards,

David

2 Replies 2

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi David,

The only document I've seen that specifically states the supported, and therefore presumably compatible, Twinax cables for the Nexus 5000 and 2000 series switches is the Twinax Cables Certification Matrix for Cisco Nexus 2000 and Nexus 5000 Series Switches Data Sheet.

Note the sections following the table that states other cables may work, but Cisco may also ask you to change them to a Cisco supported cable during troubleshooting.

Hope that helps.

Regards

The Twinax Cable from Dell™ is used to connect within racks and across adjacent racks over a short distance. This cable measures 5 meters in length. This product has been tested and validated on Dell systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: