cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5596t features

Pius Nolih
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure out a best Nexus solution for my Network which comprise of HP Server Platforms. (HP-DL380p Gen8 E5 Proliant.

We generally have VLANs within the LAN and MPLS in Metro Links and IPVPN on WAN Links.

Being new in the Fabric world, Environments such as OTV, FabricPath, FCoE, MPLS, LISP,etc hasnt got its grip on me as yet but I shall read through tonight for a clear path.

I am trying to order a 5596T with a 2248TP.

The features were catergorised into three (3) technologies of

1 - Layer 2 Connectivity

2 - IP mobility

3 - Secure Segmenting

Does 5596T come with all features.

Which Features will best suit my environment explained above.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

the nexus 5K works as parent switch to the N2K ( 2248TP) like a remote line card

if the L3 capability like L3 gateway going to be configured on the N5K then you need L2 and L3 features of the nexus 5K

if there is another aggregation/core layer that providing L3 gateway services to the devices/servers connected to the N5K/N2K then you need only L2 on the nexus 5K

these are the main and basic capabilities you need to connect your services in the DC

FCoE, Fabricpath vPC these are additional features that you may consider some of them as requried

hope this help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

the nexus 5K works as parent switch to the N2K ( 2248TP) like a remote line card

if the L3 capability like L3 gateway going to be configured on the N5K then you need L2 and L3 features of the nexus 5K

if there is another aggregation/core layer that providing L3 gateway services to the devices/servers connected to the N5K/N2K then you need only L2 on the nexus 5K

these are the main and basic capabilities you need to connect your services in the DC

FCoE, Fabricpath vPC these are additional features that you may consider some of them as requried

hope this help

Hi Marwanshawi,

Thanks for the reply.

Ill try out one of the Cisco online labs on the saba university and see what the experience is all about.