Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

ALL DMPs DOWN

I have a  DMS solution installed, which include a DMM and 9 DMPs in version 5.2.2.

The solution has been running normally, I have not made ​​any changes to the DMM, or the network, or the password of the DMM and DMP.

Since yesterday, my 9 DMPs change status to down and I can not change the current presentation in the DMPs.

I can ping the DMM and DMP and I can access them via web

Rebooting a DMP is recorded for 30 seconds and then its status is down.

Simply DMPs can not be managed by the DMM.

Regards & Thanks

AZ

7 REPLIES
Bronze

ALL DMPs DOWN

Aurelio,

You are running into the defect # CSCty2253 which is because the self signed certificate on the DMP expired on February 24,2012. As a result the DMM will not communicate to the DMP.

Cisco has come up with an emergency fix for the same. Please find more details here :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_2/dms/release/notes/dms52rn.html#wp254452

If you do not have physical access to the server, Please Open a TAC case and we can apply the patch remotely (provided you can log into the DMM using pwadmin crendentials, This credentials were set at the initial installation of the DMM.

Please note : The ISO will not YET work for DMS High Availability setup, You will need to open a TAC case for the same at this moment. We are working on getting out the ISO patch for HA.

Thanks,

Sagar Dhanrale

Community Member

Re: ALL DMPs DOWN

Hi,

After I installed this patch I can not copy files on DMPs anymore. Does anyone encouter this kind of problem?

I am trying to copy files with Run Task -> File Transfer to DMP. Everything was fine until I applied this patch.

Thanks

Community Member

Ion,

Have you loged into each of the DMPs to check the Read/Write and FTP settings?

Bill C

Community Member

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I have FTP "on" and Access Mode "Read and Write".

Everything was fine until this patch. We copied files on DMPs before patching the appliance.

Cristian

Community Member

I've tried using Deployment Package instead of File Tranfer to DMP or Server and everything works fine.

Regards

Community Member

Excellent. I just finished a video tutorial for myself here for myself and others to use. Several steps involved.

Bronze

Other than checking the Read/Write permission on the Internal Storage of DMP. Can you confirm how are ou doing the FTP to the DMPs ? Are you using the DMM's advanced task ? If yes - It will fail and this limitation was documented in the link I sent earlier :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_2/dms/release/notes/dms52rn.html#wp254452

Communication can fail between Cisco Digital Media Manager (DMM) and its inventory of Cisco Digital Media Players (DMPs). However, applying a hotfix to your DMM server should prevent (or recover from) this failure in 10 minutes or less. In an affected deployment, error messages indicate that digital certificate expiration is the root cause. Furthermore, DMP certificate expiration:

·    Disrupts use of a DMM advanced task called "File Transfer to DMP."

·    Disrupts IP phone-based remote control of the Cisco Cast electronic program guide.

You can use deployment packages instead of using "File Transfer to DMP".

Thanks,

Sagar Dhanrale

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content