Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Archive / Scheduling video in SnS

When publishing a video in Show and Share, you can schedule a video.  One of the options when scheduling is to Archive the video after a specified play time.  I have been told that when your video hits the time listed for Archiving, your video should go back to draft status.  My videos become hidden but are still published.  You will not see them unless you search for them.  Which way is it supposed to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: Archive / Scheduling video in SnS

Yes archiving the video hides it from view but the video can still be found and accessed by those people who could see it origninally by doing a search.

5 REPLIES
Bronze

My understanding is yes this is the way it works.  This way you can still access the video even if it is not displayed in the video list.

Do you mean, you the Author can still see the video, but people you published the video to can no longer see it after it has been moved to Archive?  This is the way my Cisco rep thought the process worked but it is not the way my enviroment works.

In my enviroment, after the video is moved to Archive, the people I publish the video to can still find it by doing a search.

Bronze

Yes archiving the video hides it from view but the video can still be found and accessed by those people who could see it origninally by doing a search.

I put in a TAC case for clairification.

Here is the answer;

From the case notes, I see that you have questions about the archive feature on the SnS. From what I researched & can interpret archiving hides the video from the main page but it is still searchable by a manual search.

Other customer’s have had a confusion about this also because a general understanding is that archiving a video should delete it & should not be available even after a manual search, and subsequently there was a enhancement filed for it as bug CSCtq87207.

You can look at details about this request here:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtq87207

From the above one thing is clear archiving a video would not return it to draft mode, rather would hide it from the main page.

Also, looking at the user guide for v5.3.x, around the top portion, this is what it says “Schedule exactly when it should be archived (hidden from other users)”. This also indicates that archiving would have an effect of hiding the video & not returning it to draft state.

Bronze

Thanks for sending this along.  The TAC person said it better that I but yes today it only hides the video but does not delete it.  By hide it just removes it from the list of videos which is what I meant in my first post.  It can still be searched for when needed.

John

Views
Helpful
Replies