Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Authenticate to a web account?

I have a cisco dmp 4400g that I'm testing with streaming web content to.  Is it possible to send a page to a certain logged in user account.  We have a VP that uses a website called FreeRealtime and they want me to send his account up to his display in his office with one of these 4400g dmp players.  I can get it do display web pages however If I send it to a page that needs to be "logged in" I just get the login to come up.  There is no interface in wich to enter in any information so i'm kind of stuck.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Hello Glen,

Currently there is no configuration on the DMP that will allow you to specify the AD credentials or any other user credentials for Websites, Same applies to the case, where you try to display a SSL Website that requires the client to accept the certificate. DMP cannot accept/reject  any certificates, nor can the DMM pass on these HTTP POST credentials to a form in the Website. The Digital Signage assumes that the content is available without any authentication or certificate requirment.

In short there is no workaround for this situation currently even in the latest code revision of DMS. Please feel free to approach your Account team to file for an Enhancement request so that this feature can be introduced in the future code revisions.

If this answers your concern , please mark this forum post as "Answered"

Thanks,

Sagar Dhanrale

If you can enbed the username/password into the url request, then you can probably get this to work.

Some websites will allow this.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content