Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't play video Show and Share from iPhone

Ferdi0802
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My SnS version is 5.3.0 and using external streaming server Wowza. I can access SnS web with Cisco SnS apps on iPhone, but when I click the video to watch, it won't play. Can someone share how to configure SnS to work with iPhone? I think the problem is in directory url path, but I don't know what url should be used so that it can be played on iPhone.

4 Replies 4

Jorge Bejarano
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You may take the following into account:

The following devices support the mobile application:
Anchor– iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4

Anchor– iPod Touch 4th Generation

Anchor– iPad 1 and iPad 2

You can check this link: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_3/showandshare/admin/guide/ssadmin/mobile.html#45621

Is it working for non-mobile users? 

Does your mobile has connectivity to your SnS Network?

Hope this helps!

Jorge

RAMEEZ RAHIM
Level 1
Level 1

You should be having a file hosting location for *.MP4 file with Http URL. Simply you can replicate the same as you have done for rtmp and just define a HTTP URL.

see attached example.

karenmoore11
Level 1
Level 1

I use Video Converter software to convert videos to iPhone compatible format. Sometime owing to the codec issue, though the video in the supported format, it can't be well played in the device. Therefore, use Video Converter, I can directly set the phone as destination device. Then, the software will automatically convert the videos to the compatible format in proper codec. 

makemkv.com is a free online video converter, user can convert video to mp4, mov, for apple devices video playing formats, for more editing mxf converter is a built-in converter for format to iPhone, iPad. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: