Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot assign Author role to Show and Share user

I have created a user in DMS-Admin and assigned them to the Administrators role.

In Show and Share I can assign all roles (Admin, ChannelCreator, LiveEventUser, Publisher, ReportAdmin) except for the Author role to this user.

On the 'Edit User Role' dialog, the Author role is grayed out. I cannot work out why this is the case or where to go to fix it.

I have a feeling I'm missing something straight forward but...

• Digital Media System
Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: Cannot assign Author role to Show and Share user

Ryan,

Can you confirm what license do you have for the "Show and Share Content Author Pack" ? You can locate this value under you DMM -->Administartion--> Licenses. The # of authors you can have in SNS is bound by a license.

For eg : If you have a license for "Show and Share Content Author Pack:10" and try to assign an "Author" role to the 11th user this will fail.

Regards,

Sagar Dhanrale

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Ryan,

Can you confirm what license do you have for the "Show and Share Content Author Pack" ? You can locate this value under you DMM -->Administartion--> Licenses. The # of authors you can have in SNS is bound by a license.

For eg : If you have a license for "Show and Share Content Author Pack:10" and try to assign an "Author" role to the 11th user this will fail.

Regards,

Sagar Dhanrale

Thanks for the response Sagar.

It does indeed appear to be a licensing limitation.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.