Cisco Support Community
Community Member

CAST remote IP phone service

Does anyone have any experince configuring the CAST remote control IP phone service?  The guide for DMS version 5.3 references CUCM 6.1 and 79XX phones.  I'm trying to get it to work on CUCM 8.6 and a 9971.  Right now the service shows up in the phone but when I select it I get "Host not found".  I'm using the IP address of the DMM in the phone service URL and there is connectivity between the subnets.  Also, there were several extra fields in the setup of the phone service in 8.6 that were not mentioned in the guide.  Maybe a used an incorrect setting?  Thanks.

Everyone's tags (1)
Community Member

CAST remote IP phone service

Made a bit of progress.  The "Host not found" error was a DNS issue.  I'm on a lab network and the subnet the phone was on did not have a dns server defined in the DHCP pool.  So once that was added it started working.  Now though, the only control that the DMP responds to is volume up or down.  CAST itself doesn't seem to accept any of the button presses.  It does work from the browser-based remote control emulator.  Anybody know what to check for next?

CreatePlease to create content