Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco DCM 9900 Help

Hello

I need help please , i have a Cisco DCM 9900 and all cables are already terminated to DCM successfully. I have already uploaded the licenses , my issue i need some guidelines to start my configuration. I have 1 X GBE card and 3 X ASI cards which includes (12X transporders). I need help to get information about input configuration & output configuration.How can i get  multicast IP from the output?.

Thanks

• Digital Media System
8 REPLIES

Cisco DCM 9900 Help

Hello

Any help please?

Thank you

Cisco DCM 9900 Help

Dear,

which model of DCM you have ??and how did you do the cabling setup ?? Top from the dish u brought the cable directly to DCM or connected first to any multiswitch??

Answer my question above i will provide with more details how to do the further setup.

All you have to do first is to setup the GIG port for managment

Then you have to configure the ASI RF port,

Just pull the config guide from the help menu of the GUI, it is a 10 MB file which will detail you more,

please reply for the above queries i will help you more.

Cisco DCM 9900 Help

Hello

Finally i get a replay , thank you sir so much. Please find the below details:-

1- We used Cisco DCM 9900 (one Master & One Baackup).

2-Our Connection , Dish Farm - Multiplixer - DCM 9900- LAN.

3- I used the guide , and configured Mangement (GBE&LAN).

4-Edit username and password.

5-I need your help for the below :

A-I have four GBE (1,2,3,4) ports ?. Based on guide two ports on and two ports off. should i connect all ports to LAN?.

B-I have 3 X ASI cards which will present input for frequency with 12 X transporders?. what the required configuration and based on what i will configure card for input or output.

C-I have some encrypted channels , i have a card to decrypt these channels . Is there any location to put this card to decrypt the channels. For example Al_jazerra sports is encrypted channel , to show this channel you have to purchase a card which put on the receiver. Is there any location on the DCM to put a card like this.

Thanks

Cisco DCM 9900 Help

Hello,

The cabling part matters much so i want to know how you did and the company did are the professional guys for doing, please post snap for those.

is it a 9901 or 9902

can u post the snap of the cabling what you did between the multiplexer and DCM

A-I have four GBE (1,2,3,4) ports ?. Based on guide two ports on and two ports off. should i connect all ports to LAN?.

not required only  2 ports are enough

B-I have 3 X ASI cards which will present input for frequency with 12 X  transporders?. what the required configuration and based on what i will  configure card for input or output

they will be a input port your output port will be a gig port

-I have some encrypted channels , i have a card to decrypt these  channels . Is there any location to put this card to decrypt the  channels. For example Al_jazerra sports is encrypted channel , to show  this channel you have to purchase a card which put on the receiver. Is  there any location on the DCM to put a card like this.

DVB-S2 card contains a slot to insert the card fro scrambled channels but no ASI cards, i think u have to buy a DVB-S2 card for descrambling channels.

Thanks

Re: Cisco DCM 9900 Help

Hello

1- For Dish farm guys ar so professinal. They have already do implementation for Dish farm and extends the cables till the datacenter and then do multiplixer for the cables till the two DCMs .Each transporder get a cable with a frequency.

2-For Cisco GBE card , i will use 2 X ports (port2 and port 4) for straming. I get a problem when i attachecd these ports to the LAN , these ports not up and there is no negotiation, however i configured these ports with negotiation on.Please advise.what are the required connection for these cables?.

3-Based on my understanding for DCM configuration , i have to configure on GBE card "CoProcessor Board Settings ". i did not find this configuration under the GBE card , any service should be enabled to make this configuration UP.Please help

4- I need to know which ports sould use IPs to connect to the LAN, i think  GBE port and 10/100 port which are located on the up left hand .please advise.

5- Can you share with me DVB-S2 card configurationa and shape of this card.

Thanks

Hi mohamed

1-For GBE , you can select 2 X ports for streaming . For example ( port2 and port4).

2-There are some settings on Alarms , please your have to check it. Configuration - Alarms.

3-You will have 4 cards , 3 X inputs (ASI cards) and 1 X output (GBE card).

4-For decrypt channels , you won't have to purchase any other cards . it will be on the same input cards.3X ASI cards.

Thank you

GBE card :

Configuration -system- press GBE card or (card number)

1-On the card setting please on the mode (flexible individual ports).

2-Go to port 2 (enabled , auto negotiation =on , IP address , subentmask , streaming on). Do the same for port 4.Please do these steps and inform us if you get any problem.

Thanks

islam

please, how can i stream the channels through my network?.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.