Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco DME 1100 not booting

Hi There,

We have a Cisco DME 1100 that is not booting up.

It started by freezing once or twice at which point I rebooted it whch got it working but now the unit does not boot up at all. If I apply power and toggle the state the LCD screen comes on with info stating 'booting...' but just goes no where. If I connect a monitor to it, it does not display anything as well as it constantly makes a beeping tone...

Is there anything I can try to reset the unit or what this could mean?

The last time I got any screen image out of the unit it was displaying the following information:

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

C:\Windows\System32\Config\System" - This can only be bad...

Thank you,

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cisco DME 1100 not booting

Ok so after some investigation we found that the DME runs Windows Embedded as its OS.

We managed to get a copy of the OS and performed a windows repair using an external USB DVD drive.

The DME is now back up and running.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Cisco DME 1100 not booting

Hi Michael,

If the unit is not showing anything at all when connecting screen/keyboards, there won't be much more investigation possible. Likely the HW has gone bad and you will have to replace it.

Regards,

Marco

Re: Cisco DME 1100 not booting

Ok so after some investigation we found that the DME runs Windows Embedded as its OS.

We managed to get a copy of the OS and performed a windows repair using an external USB DVD drive.

The DME is now back up and running.

Views
Helpful
Replies