Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Encoder D9036 - GUI Login - IP Configuration

Dear All

I trying to open Cisco Encoder D9036 to get access to GUI Web Interface.

In the manual of the encoder Cisco informed that we have to login via RS232 to the Encoder and configure its IP address but I failed

but I notice that the Encoder Eth1 has an IP "192.168.1.100" and every time I am trying to ping it it ping.

please advice for the method to connect to the encoder through GUI Web Interface.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Proceed as follows:
1 Access the serial port on your PC.

2 In the main login, type root and press Enter.

3 At the root prompt, type set_mgmt_port_config.py and press Enter.
4 When prompted, type an IP address/netmask pair and press Enter.
5 If applicable, at the configure gateway IP address prompt, type y to configure the gateway IP address and press Enter. 
6 At the gateway IP address prompt, type the gateway IP address and press Enter.
7 At the write MGMT port configuration file prompt, type y and press Enter to save the configuration file.

8 At the Re-start networking for MGMT port prompt, type y and press Enter to apply the changes immediately.

9 Type ifconfig to verify the ip address.

10. After the above steps, try accessing encoder through GUI. It should work.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Proceed as follows:
1 Access the serial port on your PC.

2 In the main login, type root and press Enter.

3 At the root prompt, type set_mgmt_port_config.py and press Enter.
4 When prompted, type an IP address/netmask pair and press Enter.
5 If applicable, at the configure gateway IP address prompt, type y to configure the gateway IP address and press Enter. 
6 At the gateway IP address prompt, type the gateway IP address and press Enter.
7 At the write MGMT port configuration file prompt, type y and press Enter to save the configuration file.

8 At the Re-start networking for MGMT port prompt, type y and press Enter to apply the changes immediately.

9 Type ifconfig to verify the ip address.

10. After the above steps, try accessing encoder through GUI. It should work.

Does anyone knows the baud rate and pairing bit and other information to connect to the DCM serially?

Thanks

Baud: 115200

Bit 8

Parity none

Stop bit 1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: