Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco show and share publishing to internet

Dear Experts

We have new deployment for Cisco SNS , and we need to publish SNS to internet . I need help to do it and any recommendations , please.

Thanks

Richard

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hello Richard

1) You will only need to create A record/publish DMM to the internet only if you need to authenticate users viewing the videos on the Show n Share

2) you dont need to map the FQDN. Lets suppose that the DMM FQDN is test.bnp.med.ca and it's being resolved by your DNS server to 10.20.20.3 , then you only need to a request a public A record that should be identical to your internal A record but this time is resolvable to a public ip.

Hi RichardDid you fix your

Hi Richard

Did you fix your issue?. I need to make sure from the following.

1- you can access external SNS internally .

2-Natting is ok between Public & Private IP .

3-For DNS record , make sure that the name should be same inside & outside . For example internlly make it vod.bnp.med.ca , and create a public record vod.bnp.med.ca should be the same FQDN , otherwise your SNS will never work .For Authentication , you have to publish DMM.

Note: your issue that internal FQDN is different from external FQDN of SNS.

thanks

Please rate all useful information

17 REPLIES

Hello Richard,

what you need to keep in mind is the following:

1) you need to allow access to the https (web server of the SNS) - Port forwarding

2) if you are using authentication, you also need to allow access to the DMM server - Port forwarding

3) if you are hosting your assets in another server e.g storage/web server within your lan you will need to allow access to this service as well

e.g public ip:443 ---> SNS private ip : 443

hi

thanks for your help , but i have already done all you mentioned above as natting without success. When i typed through internet the real IP for SNS , it redirects to internal SNS and page doesnot displayed . If you have a successful solution fo my issue , i will be so pleased for your help.

Richard

Hello

1- That is normal , that when you typed the public IP it will redirect to the hostname.

2-For mapping internal IP to external IP , this will not give you the resultls which you need to see.

Workaround

1- Create DMZ area and try to put real IPs on Cisco DMM & Cisco SNS and ask your provider to map the real IPs to FQDNs.

2- Apply these configuation on your SNS & DMM.

3- Test

Thank you

HI

1-The main problem that your internal DNS cannot see to your real IP . For eample when you edit your hosts file and type

X.X.X.X eample.care.

2- The main problem that you internal domain is not publsihed through the domain , So you will get page cannot displayed.

Thanks

Hi RichardDid you fix your

Hi Richard

Did you fix your issue?. I need to make sure from the following.

1- you can access external SNS internally .

2-Natting is ok between Public & Private IP .

3-For DNS record , make sure that the name should be same inside & outside . For example internlly make it vod.bnp.med.ca , and create a public record vod.bnp.med.ca should be the same FQDN , otherwise your SNS will never work .For Authentication , you have to publish DMM.

Note: your issue that internal FQDN is different from external FQDN of SNS.

thanks

Thanks kamal , panayiotiscy

Thanks kamal , panayiotiscy for help . Everything is ok now . I have a question regarding uploading videos through internet , is there any restrictions?.

Thanks

HelloNo restrictionsA- you

Hello

No restrictions

A- you have to make sure that your SNS has a signed certificate and no issues with certificate .  

B-You have to publish your DMM .

C-Test.

Waiting your feedback.

Thanks

Please rate all useful information.

Re:Cisco show and share publishing to internet

Hello richard,
This is happening because dmm and sns work with fqdn.this means that your private dns server has an a record for dmm and an a record for sns that are translated to the private ips. You are next move should be thay you create a public A record for both thr dmm and sns.then it shoukd work!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Dears

Thanks for help , i still stuck on my problem. I have some questions:-

I have internal DMM , Internal SNS . internal informationDMM 10.20.20.3 ,FQDN:test.bnp.med  & SNS:10.20.20.5 ,FQDN:vod.bnp.med. Internally is ok . I set a nat for 10.20.20.5 "SNS internal IP" to X.X.X.X.

Q1- I have already created one external record by my provider for the SNS which will be test.bnp.med.ca , is there any need to create a record for DMM also?.

Q2-How can i make internal FQDN be mapped to external FQDN ?.

Any help , please.

Thanks

Hello Richard

1) You will only need to create A record/publish DMM to the internet only if you need to authenticate users viewing the videos on the Show n Share

2) you dont need to map the FQDN. Lets suppose that the DMM FQDN is test.bnp.med.ca and it's being resolved by your DNS server to 10.20.20.3 , then you only need to a request a public A record that should be identical to your internal A record but this time is resolvable to a public ip.

hello

many thanks for your help , i will follow your solution. Can i get answers for the below?.

A- is this a success scniario for you ?.

B-If i published only DMM , end user when type the URL of DMM it will redirects to DMM or SNS?.

C-For SNS , no need to do natting for internal IP or create a new record to publish?.

D-If i published DMM , the user will see SNS home page or DMM home page.

Thanks

hello richard,

my answers below:

A) yes, our SnS is published for more than 1 year now. Ports allowed: 8443,443

B) Use case scenarion. Guests navigate to the url of the SNS: sns.test.ca .  Then, they click on the Login button, they are redirected to the DMM url: dmm.test.ca . After login, they return back to the sns.test.ca

c) users will only use the published DMM url in order to get authenticated (if needed).

hi

thanks again , still i have the problem . Can you check my below config ?.

1- I have already create two internal records for DMM & SNS to install licenses from DMM to SNS.

10.20.20.3 ,FQDN:test.bnp.med  & SNS:10.20.20.5 ,FQDN:vod.bnp.med.

2- I have already nat the internal IP of DMM to public ip and create public record for the public ip

10.20.20.3  to X.X.X.X &  test.bnp.med.ca .

3- when i tried to type vod.bnp.med.ca , i got the page cannot displayed , any advise .

thanks

Hello,

Did you pair the sns and dmm?

HI

yes . sure  and i can access SNS internally successfully . I need to access it from internet.

1- when i typed  vod.bnp.med.sa , i got error . How can i got any results , however i did not create public record .

2-Did you check my configuration above?. Please advise.

Thanks

Hello richard,
Well, at this point you can just use the public ip of the sns and dmm as a starting testing point.what i mean is that since you havent already created the A records, then by browsing to either the https://publicipdmm or https://publicipdmm you should be directed to the fqdn of each one.if this test succeeds then you need to registed the A records.

Hello.

Hello. To add, you need to consider exposing your ftp server to the public.aside this, i dont see any other issues.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content