Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Different Monitor Sizes

I am running a combination of monitor sizes - 52 and 40". They will be showing the same presentation. I wanted to put these in a group for ease of management, but the presentation doesn't size correctly (scale down) for the 40" monitors. Any help would be appreciated.

Community Member

Re: Different Monitor Sizes

Check your monitor and DMP resolutions. If the monitors and the DMPs are all set to the same resolution then you shouldn't have a problem.  720P signage is 1366x768 resolution. 1080P signage is 1080 x 920 resolution. So if the displays in your group are mixed 1080P and 720P displays then you need to create signage for each of those formatts, but that really defeats the purpose of having them in a group doesn't it. The work around is to create the signage for the lowest common denominator which would be 720P 1366x768. Under "Display Attributes" If you have the auto detect monitor enabled in the players management application then the resolution the signage will default to the best the monitor will deliver. With the DMPs attached to the high resolution 1080P resolution displays "turn off" auto detect display and then select a driver for the DMP that out puts the video from the DMP at the 720P resolution . This should solve your problem. I hope this helps.

Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply. For the life of me I cannot find this setting. Is it in the DMP interface?

Community Member

Yes, The DMP interface, not the DMM.

Click DMP Display Attributes in the Settings list.

The display autodetection feature is enabled by default. However, it fails unless you use either:

An HDMI signal cable.

An HDMI signal cable in combination with an HDMI-to-DVI adapter.

(Even if you have an HDMI cable by deselecting autodetection and selecting another display setting you can force the display resolution in what is outputted from the DMP.)

a.Choose Disable from the DMP Display Autodetection (requires HDMI) list. Note If you are satisfied with the choices and entries that DMPDM made for you as a result of its DMP display autodetection, you are done with this section and you can go now to the “Configure Your DMP to Trust Only Your DMM Appliance” section on page 3-4. Otherwise, if you are not satisfied — or if your display does not support HDMI connections — do the following.

b. Choose a standard from the Display Standard list that applies in your country. For example, even though our factory default selection is NTSC_M, your country might use PAL instead. (or a different screen resolution)

CreatePlease to create content