Replies

DME 2200 can't start live event

justinus.budi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have problem with my DME 2200

i attach a tv box channel as input for this encoder

when i want to set a live event, sometimes i can start the encoder but another time i can't start the encoder

i got this 2 message status:

DMM 350K WMV - Channel A Error while starting the preview

null Error while starting the encoder

Actually i have two DME 2200, and i got same problem with both of them

Does anyone have the same problem?

Please share

Thank you,

4 Replies 4

panayiotiscy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Justinus,

I have no experience with the DME 2200 but i guess these are quite simillar to the DME 1100 which we have implemented in our DMS topology.

I have run through this error messages a lot of times. I believe that this message (on the Administer page of Live event) is a general message. To see the exact cause of this message you should rdp to the DME and then launch the Viewcast encoder application. There, you can see all the encoding profiles (eg. DMM-256,DMM-TESt,DMM-350 etc). By selecting the desired one, you will be able to see a lot of options/tabs on the right side of the application. There, you can search for the exact cause.Some times, it could be that there is no video feed in the DME but other you should simply restart the DME.

Also, you may try to start the encoder by pressing the START button 2-3 times,even if you receive this error message and eventually will start!

I Hope that this will help you troubleshoot it!

Hi panayiotiscy,

i just test your advice

i already run the scx encoder explorer. at the operation tab, i can see more detail status message like:

encoder cannot connect to input source, etc

But, is there any other advice? because from your answer, you also try to reset or pressing the START button several times

i also have tried that way, sometimes it can start the encoder but sometimes i also have to shut down the encoder, wait for several minutes and then turn it on again and try if the encoder can be started or not.

is there any other issue like upgrade os, or anything maybe?

Thank you

Hi Justinus,

Our DME runs under 5.2.187.2 which is the latest firmware....

Also, i must admit that the DME is not stable so we run into the same issues several times...

Hi panayiotiscy,

I also think this encoder is not stable

Btw, thank you for your time

Still wait for others that have same issue...