cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

DMM 5.2.2 - 5.2.3 MCS 7835-H2

Dear all.

I have a customer who is running DMM 5.2.2 on a MCS 7835-H2. They have purchased a C210 to run DMM 5.2.3 a migrate away from the MCS hardware platform. I know that DMM 5.2.3 is not supported on the MCS hardware platform.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_2/dms/upgrade/guide/523UpgradeGuide.html#wp316812

However, what I would like to do is upgrade their existing 5.2.2 DMM on MCS to 5.2.3 in a migration window. Once it has been completed, backup the system and restore to DMM 5.2.3 on C210.

My question is it actually possible to upgrade DMM 5.2.2 to 5.2.3 on MCS 7835-H2, regardless of whether Cisco will support it or not.

Thanks in advance, Tim.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Tim,

The MCS-H2 will not support the 5.2.3 under any condition, You cannot trick the upgrade of 5.2.3 on this platform.

Your best option is to wait for the MCS to UCS migration tool, This tool is currently in the final phase and should be available soon (I'd think within few weeks - No fixed ETA yet). This migration tool will resolve your issue, It will backup the database and configuration from a MCS platform and you will be able to seemlessly restore it on a UCS hardware running 5.2.3.

Thanks,

Sagar Dhanrale

7 REPLIES
Bronze

Tim,

The MCS-H2 will not support the 5.2.3 under any condition, You cannot trick the upgrade of 5.2.3 on this platform.

Your best option is to wait for the MCS to UCS migration tool, This tool is currently in the final phase and should be available soon (I'd think within few weeks - No fixed ETA yet). This migration tool will resolve your issue, It will backup the database and configuration from a MCS platform and you will be able to seemlessly restore it on a UCS hardware running 5.2.3.

Thanks,

Sagar Dhanrale

Community Member

Hi Sagar.

Thanks for the information.

I come from a Unified Communications background and this is my first steps into DMS so I appreicate your prompt and helpful feedback.

Community Member

Do you have any update on the Migration tool as I need to do an upgrade of DMM from MCS to UCS.

Thanks

Community Member

Just trying to find out if the migration tool is available and where I might be able to find it?

Any chance it will include pulling the content off the old MCS?  I know this practice isn't recommended.

Thanks

Community Member

Hi all.

I contacted my local Cisco contact here in Australia about this the other week and he didn't get back to me which normally means that he has no update. However, that may not be the case here so let me chase it up.

Bronze

Tim,

AFAIK - The tool is supposed to be released on CCO on April 24th. All the ISO images and instrcutions will be posted by COB 24th April.

Thanks,

Sagar Dhanrale

Bronze

Hello All,

The migration tool is out on the CCO : Please read the procedure carefully before actually undertaking the migration :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/hw/platform/migration/dmm-mcs-ucs.html

Thanks,

Sagar Dhanrale

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content