cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMM does not discover DMP

aboross12
Level 1
Level 1

We are running #5.2 both on the DMM and DMP. The DMM > Digital Media Player > DMP Manager > Status = X  . The DMM does not see the DMP. Clicking on the DMP discovery and the status did not change.

The DMP is set to accept the central maanagement, the DMM is provisioned with the IP and MAC address. It did work in the past few days and cannot recall any change that would trigger this behavior.

The last time I could "communicate" to the DMP was : I downloaded a presentation which included a URL that pointed to one of the video  inside the DMP.

file:///tmp/ftproot/usb_1/Bluefox_Cisco.mpg.

Any idea what happened? Is the above URL valid? How can I discover the DMP?

Thanks

Andras

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andras,

Thanks for the update!

Please make this question answered\resolved...

Thanks

T.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

aboross12
Level 1
Level 1

I do not understand, but I loged out/in of the DMM, restarted the DMP > no change.

Clicked on the Name.....  field, changing its direction from top to bottom, and suddenly the DMPO showed up in the DMM.

As soon as I sent a new presentation to the DMP, it did not receive it and the DMM lost the connection and unable to discover it again.

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Andras,

No way to tell what happened.

What Model DMP are you using?

The best thing to do now is to RESET the DMP back to factory defaults

via the DMP-DM or the RESET button on the back of the DMP.

After the DMP is reset, access the DMP-DM to set the password for admin to

match the DMM settings.  Then, Issue discovery Task again.  The DMP should

then register to the DMM.

Once that is working, reconfigure all of the DMP settings to your specifications.

Then, sent the presentation back to the DMP and record all of the steps in the

event the issue re-occurs.

Just let us know how it goes.

Thanks

T.

aboross12
Level 1
Level 1

Tomas,

I did as you suggested, but no solution. Attached the information what I did. What other steps you can suggest?

thanks

Andras

What is your discovery task?

You need to configure an Advanced Task for Discovery for the

IP Subnet or the DMP Specific Device.

You do not need to configure centralized management address if

you are going to use discovery.  The DMM will instruct the DMP to

to do itself.

Create a Discovery task & then check DMP in question and select go.

SAMPLE TASK for Discovery of DMP:

DMP Discovery

** Submit and then run from the DMM-DSM

The DMM should send the discovery request to the DMP and the DMP should

reboot and register with the DMM.

T.

Did as you suggested, but there is no change. DMM does not discover DMP.

I power cycled the DMP, and shortly after, the DMM found it.  Now I start to work with it, creating some presentation and will monitor the DMP status.

Andras

I created a presentation, and checked the DMP status in a few minutes. It was down again.  The DMM lost it and cannot find it anymore. (I guess if I powercycle it would find it again)

Back where I was last night  :-(

Andras

Tom,

I checked the "wire" and the DMM and DMP does talk to each other. The DMP responds to the DMM discovery request.

Not sure if the capture helps you, but I attached both a .txt and a wireshark capture of the traffic between the DMM and DMP

Andras

Ps: let me know if I should post everything or just stick to the email.

Tom,

I checked the "wire" and the DMM and DMP does talk to each other. The DMP responds to the DMM discovery request.

Not sure if the capture helps you, but I attached both a .txt and a wireshark capture of the traffic between the DMM and DMP

Andras

Ps: let me know if I should post everything or just stick to the email.

Problem resolved.

The solution or rather what caused this problem. One of the setting in the DMM had a wrong ID/Password for the DMP.

DMM:

DMP/Settings/Server Settings/Servlet address - DMP User name/Password did not match the User Name/Password of the DMP.

Correcting the ID/PW setting resolved the problem.

Andras,

Thanks for the update!

Please make this question answered\resolved...

Thanks

T.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: