Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DMM Hostname\IP Change

Good Afternoon,

I am having trouble with our Digital Media Server (5.3.6). We recently moved the server to our shared data center and needed to change the hostname and the IP address.

Once I changed the Hostname and IP I regenerated the self-signed cert and changed the DNS entry on our global DNS catalog.

I can get to the login screen but after login it is trying to redirect to the old DNS server entry.

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DMM Hostname\IP Change

Hi

My suggestion would be if you haven't already is to change the Server Servlet Hostname/IP this should hopefully fix your problem, this can be found within the Digital Signs Module itself and under the Setting then Server Settings tab, this setting is not an obvious one or well documented but has caused me issues over the years as can sometimes lock you out and you have to readdress the DMM back to the old address/hostname to change this specific setting, easier for you to do this with a back to back patch lead cable to your laptop to do this! Let me know if it works!

Cheers

Ali

2 REPLIES

DMM Hostname\IP Change

Hi

My suggestion would be if you haven't already is to change the Server Servlet Hostname/IP this should hopefully fix your problem, this can be found within the Digital Signs Module itself and under the Setting then Server Settings tab, this setting is not an obvious one or well documented but has caused me issues over the years as can sometimes lock you out and you have to readdress the DMM back to the old address/hostname to change this specific setting, easier for you to do this with a back to back patch lead cable to your laptop to do this! Let me know if it works!

Cheers

Ali

DMM Hostname\IP Change

Yup that worked. I found that just before you posted your thread! Thanks anyways.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content