cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMM / SnS and Defining Filters

Ken Sharp
Level 1
Level 1

When defining filters in your DMM for importing users from your Active Directory, is there a way for you place those users in specific Show and Share Rolls (Publisher / Author)?   This may be a scripting thing from the SnS side but I have not found this process.

Here is an example of a current DMM import that does not place the users in to any rolls, but does get them in to a DMM group.  I would like to assige that group Show and Share Publisher and / or Author rolls.

(&(objectclass=user)(memberof=CN=MVTC,OU=Cisco,OU=Groups,DC=domain,DC=wfu,DC=net))

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

I agree this would be nice but there is no way to automatically assign roles to a group of users.  Have users in groups does make it easier to manually assign roles though.

View solution in original post

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

If you understand LDAP integration correctly , so you do not have any issues to import users to your SNS. For roles Authors or Publisher , please find the below steps

Administration mode - manage - user rules - search by username & group & filter . Then apply the rule.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

I agree this would be nice but there is no way to automatically assign roles to a group of users.  Have users in groups does make it easier to manually assign roles though.

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

If you understand LDAP integration correctly , so you do not have any issues to import users to your SNS. For roles Authors or Publisher , please find the below steps

Administration mode - manage - user rules - search by username & group & filter . Then apply the rule.

Thank you

This is a manual way and does work.  I was looking for an automated way.  Looks like there is no automated way.

Hi

There is no automatic way . it will be automatic when you give a group a role , so when you add user on this group will take the role automatically , otherwise i do not have idea. Please share with us what do you think about?.

Thank you

Are you talking about a future feature?  I don't see any way to assign a group a role.  Only users.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: