Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

dmp 4400 can't play local files

I am using a DMP-4400 with firmware v.5.2.2. The unit connects to the network fine and is able to display webpages from the internet without problem; the ftp server is working fine also. However, when I attempt to play any type of local file ( located at /tmp/ftproot/usb_1/) the screen remains blank. I am assuming that the files are being found because the failover URL is not being displayed for either .mpg or .html files. I am using MPEG-1 type video files for testing. I have attached one of these videos along with a sample .html file I am planning to use to loop multiple files.

Video files are being run using:

"/tmp/ftproot/usb_1/melt.mpg" entered into the 'Local Storage Path' dialog under 'Play Video File Stored Locally' within the GUI.

HTML is being launched using:

"file:///tmp/ftproot/usb_1/play-local-mpg.html" entered into the 'URL' dialog under 'URL To Be Displayed' within the GUI.

These problems persist whether the files are located on internal memory or external USB drive. Any help will be much appreciated.

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Peter,

I was able to fix it, The issue seems to be with the content, I transcoded it with VLC Player to MPEG-TS and it works. Kindly find the attached transcoded file.

Use

var playlist = new Array(

"file:///tmp/ftproot/usb_1/test1.ts"

) ;

If this answers your concerns please mark this post as "Answered"

Thanks,

Sagar Dhanrale

5 REPLIES

You might try removing the "-" in the html file. Change it to "playlocalmpg.html" and see if that works better. I don't recall that it is an issue anymore but I used to have problems with anything that had dashes in the path/filename.

Also, did you FTP to the local storage and make sure that the files are there and not in a subfolder? I use filezilla with great success to check ftp content. Other FTP clients have trouble with DMP's - not sure why.

Changed html filename to exclude '-' with same effect, a white box appears where the video should be playing but nothing displays. All the files are in the correct place, I checked using filezilla and winscp.

Please run your video asset file through Media Info, which is free and open source software, and then post the output to this message thread.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

Bronze

Peter,

I was able to fix it, The issue seems to be with the content, I transcoded it with VLC Player to MPEG-TS and it works. Kindly find the attached transcoded file.

Use

var playlist = new Array(

"file:///tmp/ftproot/usb_1/test1.ts"

) ;

If this answers your concerns please mark this post as "Answered"

Thanks,

Sagar Dhanrale

That worked like a charm. I had tried to use VLC Player to reformat an mp4 file earlier with no success, guess I'll keep practicing. Really appreciate the quick and helpful responses from everyone.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content