Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DMP 4400 Video Failover feature works only Once?

Hi. I would like to test Video failover feature on DMP 4400.

Yes, I set the config like above. version is 5.2.2 and without DMM. standalone works.

============================================================================

Basic - Startup URL media : http://10.0.10.20/movies/together-1920x1080.mpg

Video Failover and Recovery - Failover URL : file:///tmp/ftproot/usb_1/sf.mpg

- Recorvery URL : http://10.0.10.20/movies/together-1920x1080.mpg

Failover Timeout (ms) - 1000ms

Recovery Timeout (ms) - 1000ms

Maximum Number of Failover Attempts : 230

============================================================================

so, after this set, I tested the playing. and I made the startup link(same as recovery) disconnected.

It works first, and recovery link works well. so I tested again, but the result was different.

only once it works, no more twice or more. after reset the DMP or reconfig,

It works first and no more works from the second trying. Does anyone has same situation?

I could see only the butterflying. after the second trying. but when the make it reconnect the line.

Recovery URL works very well rapidly. even after showing butterflying, once the line connected, Recovery works.

* summurize the traces.

Startup ----> failover ----> Recovery ----> failover(butterfly) ----> Recovery ----> failover(butterfly)

----> Recovery ----> failover(butterfly) ----> repeat...

I tested other DMP, but the result was same.

So... How can I use the failover video feature more than twice on the disconnected network?

and Multicast stream cannot be a failover link or startup link? except for manually start video multicast feature?

Sorry for the uncomportable reading by my bad writting, English is not my mother language.

Everyone's tags (7)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content