Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

DMP Passwords

We recently upgraded our DMS to 5.2.2, and would like to update our passwords on the DMPs to something more secure.  We have nearly 230 DMPs in our network, and I would like to know if there is some way of changing the passwords at the same time, or if I have to go into each one separately.  If I have to do each one, then it will take quite a while and the system will be down while that happens.

If I'm not being clear, I'm looking for a script or task that will allow me to change the password between the DMPs and the DMM with the shortest possible downtime.  Ideally it would be something I could send to the DMPs, then change it on the DMM, and everything would be up and running again.

Thank you.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY
Community Member

Re: DMP Passwords

Nevermind.  I found what I was looking for in the 5.2.x user guide.  For anyone else looking, it's here.

*edit*

I found that system works fine if the DMP is communicating with the DMM, but if it isn't does anyone know how to make it happen when the password strength doesn't meet the criteria?  The DMPDM doesn't allow a simpler password to be entered.

Thank you.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content