cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS 5.4 Lab (Demo) Non-Standard Install

OBJECTIVE:

Install 5.4 on lab equipment available.

CURRENT STATUS:

I have the software for v.5.4 (iso images, with demo licenses, below are exact versions),

• DMM-5.3.0.244.iso
  • DMS-UPG-LATEST-5.4.0.736.iso

IDEAL & UNLIKELY SOLUTION:

Install ESXi and then create a VM, then install to the VM, or use something like this.

POTENTIAL COMPROMISE:

I have been advised to try and "Trick" the installer program, and install directly to the bare metal.

QUESTIONS:

1. Can anyone here advise me on what to try first, best options, and last ditch effort?
  2. Could I potentially get this to install on bare-metal, non-standard extra hardware (I've got 2 boxes sitting around, both are PRIME-NCS-APL-K9)
  3. Any additional advise or reference URL/Docs you might offer?

REFERENCE URLs:

Error(Blocked-Installer).jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

You can't achieve what you are trying to do with standard DMS software. That can only be installed on supported hardware.

You would need to purchase the Virtual DMM OVA software if you want to deploy a DMM as a VM on custom hardware.

Regards,

Marco

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

You can't achieve what you are trying to do with standard DMS software. That can only be installed on supported hardware.

You would need to purchase the Virtual DMM OVA software if you want to deploy a DMM as a VM on custom hardware.

Regards,

Marco

Thank you Marco.

I'm a bit curious though if anyone has gotten the OVA converted/imported to Hyper-V or Xen?  (wouldn't that be lucky?).  As it is, I've got the OVA DMM VM, and a demo license of ESXi and working on getting this up and running now in lab now, to see if it still works with InformaCast alerts.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content