Views
Helpful
Replies

DMS VP upgrade problem

panayiotiscy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello pros,

I've got the following strange behaviour while upgrading the vp from 5.0.2 to 5.1 or even to 5.0.3

I'm following the guide's instruction to upgrade the appliance from the AAI.

On first step,i'm being asked if i want to upgrade from 5.0.2 to 5.1 and i choose YES.Then it starts copying files from the cd and finally rebooting by it's self without giving me any option or message. Then, the vp starts booting up as if no upgrade had taken place earlier. So, i tried upgrade to 5.0.3 and then to 5.1 but i ve got the same behaviour. Any highlights here? Thank you pros

5 Replies 5

Tim Passinos
Level 1
Level 1

sounds like you are not on console. There is a couple of prompts right after the bios that you will only see on console.

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I just want to clarify something first.

Currently, there is NOT a supported upgrade path from

DMM or VP version 5.0.3 to 5.1. This will always fail.

Cisco is currently working on this upgrade path and hopefully an upgrade image for 5.0.3 to 5.1 will be made available in the near future.

As for the 5.0.2 version to 5.1, This upgrade path is supported. After the VP boots back up, did you access the AAI to verify the version that is displayed?

Greetings to both of you!

Actually i was upgrading directly from console (so no lost messages due to lack of ssh connectivity)

That's why i described it as weird behaviour ,because (as i stated on the opening message) it boots up as if no upgrade procedure has taken place before.

The path i followed was:5.0.2 to 5.1 ->failed

and 5.0.2 to 5.0.3 -> failed.

So,eiher i'm doing something totally wrong or our VP is playing some sort of games with us!

I encounterd the same thing. I know it sounds funny but check the boot order on the server. If it

does not boot to the CD/DVD it will behave in this mannor. If it boots to the HD first it will not

upgrade but insted just keep the original program version.

Hope this helps.

Where did you download the 5.1VP from?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: