Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External Publishing Server

We need access to a external web server. In the settings-external publishing server menu I configure the parameters of these server: host, port, server type,user, pass... and appear in the external publishing server list. After that, How can i use these server? I can't upload files to these server using the media library, only I can upload files to the internal web server of the DMM.

¿How can i use the external publishing server?

THANKS

3 Replies 3

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The External Publishing Server(s) is an option that can be used to deploy playlists & presentations

etc. from the DMM-DSM.   You SCHEDULE a future event to initiate the File Transfer or the Deployment

package.

I you are trying to use a different server for "MEDIA LIBRARY", you simply FTP or Copy the Video

Assets to the External Web Server.  Then, you add the Media Asset to the DMM-DSM's Media

Library using the "URL address" of the specific media asset that you are adding.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_1/dmm/user/guide/dsm+etv.html#wp1797995

If this answers your question, Please take time to mark this

discussion answered & rate the response.

Thank You!

T.

Hi Tom

Quick question regarding using a webserver for assets (video content)

If the webserver requires authentication to read files how does the DMM or DMPs access these during a distrubution etc?

During the time you add an assest does the DMM check to see if it can see the file (URL) you are referencing?

Thanks

Andy

The DMP does NOT support “standard” authentication or HTTPS, (a login box).

If the Application will accept the auth in the URL string

like- http://media.cisco.com/images/pics.asp?name=bob&pass=mypass  

then it should work, but that is not secure and not an

accepted practice anymore.

At this point is the page needs authentication your only choices

are to provide the same data in an un-authenticated page or don’t

show the information.

The DMM does not go out and validate the contact when you

add the Media Asset.

I hope this helps!

If this answers your question, Please take time to mark this

discussion answered & rate the response.

Thank You!

T.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: