Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with hooking up DMP to a display.

miuy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm no where near as tech savvy as most of you on this forum, but I was hoping that some of you could help me. I'm trying to connect a Cisco DMP4400G to a Phillips touchscreen LCD via HDMI. I've hooked everything up correctly but the LCD will not pick up a signal. The DMP is on and has the green and red LED both lit. I've tried messing with the CISCO DMP control (brand new battery) and I can't tell if the DMP is even picking up the signal.

My plan is to run a demo locally from the DMP and probably will not even hook it up to a ethernet port until one is added at the desired location.

Please let me know if any of you have had a similar experience and/or a solution. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike

4 Replies 4

dmarchywka
Level 1
Level 1

I believe that the DMP needs to be connected to the network when it starts up.  The red light means that the DMP cannot get an IP address.  Also, you will need network connectivity to adjustthe display settings in the DMP.  If you are not getting a signal you will need to use the DMP web interface to change the display settings to what is appropriate for your display.  Once everything is configured and you have loaded your content, you can point the DMP to a local file and run the demo locally.  Then disconnect from the network.

Hello Donavan,

Thank you very much for your help. I've locked myself in a conference room with all the hardware and currently trying to figure this out.

I was able to finally get it talking to each other after hooking up an ethernet cable (thanks to you). The bigger problem that I have now is figuring out if it's possiple to load drivers into the DMP. Here is an explanation of why I need to load the drivers.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish.

I'm looking to run an interactive (touch screen) demo using the Cisco DMP and a video that's stored locally. The display monitor came with drivers on a CD that will need to be loaded to make the touch screen capabilities work.

Again, thank you for your advice and please do let me know if you have anymore.

Regards,

Mike

Unfortunately, you cannot load drivers onto the DMP.  Cisco currently supports four touch drivers (which are already installed on the DMP), 3M DST, EloTouch Acoustic Pulse Recognition, Zytronics Zybrid Screen and any General Touch using the ST6001S Controller.  I have only tried the 3M but it works pretty well.

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

Check out the DMP Datasheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/video/ps9339/ps7220/data_sheet_c78-480272.html

Touchscreen support

Vendor

Supported Systems

3M

Touch Sensor and Systems:
3M MicroTouch ClearTek II touch sensor
3M MicroTouch System SCT3250CX
3M MicroTouch Sensor SCT7650
3M MicroTouch System SCT3250SX
3M MicroTouch Capacitive TouchSense System
3M MicroTouch DST touch system

Display Systems:
3M MicroTouch Display M1500SS (15 in.)
3M MicroTouch Display M1700SS (17 in.)
3M MicroTouch CT150 15-in. LCD Touch Monitor
3M MicroTouch ChassisTouch 17-in. LCD Touch Monitor

ELO

All Acoustic Pulse Recognition systems

Zytronics

Zybrid Screen systems

General Touch

All systems supported by the ST6001S controller

Also, You can also use "internal" DMS email alias for future help in the DMS Field.

A lot of good DMS info is on my internal DMS wiki.

If this answers your question, Please take time to mark this

discussion answered & rate the response.

Thank You!

T.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: