Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to create content for my DMP-4310G

Hi All,

I am very new to my Cisco DMP-4310g. I'm looking for some quick knowledge on how to get content created and sent to play on my DMP.

When researching a signage player I stumbled upon the DMP-4310g, reading the Cisco website that explains the units it seems like what I was looking for but I was a little confused on how to get this thing operational. I contacted my reseller who I then explained to them that I wanted a Signage player that I could put in my reception area to greet visitors. I wanted something that I could show pictures of company events, tickers for news, and maybe live TV streaming if at all possible. I was told by my reseller that this is the unit I needed. They then said I needed the DMP-4310G player and the DMP-4310-SW52-K9 software license (which allows me to create content???).

The Cisco website wasn't exactly clear on how to create and publish content to these units but I assumed the software license they sent me was for the Digital Media Designer software. So as you can see I'm stuck. I have the player and some software license (atleast thats what it says on my packing slip) but how do I get access to the Desginer software? I can't seem to find anywhere on the Cisco website to get it. How do I create content to show on the player?

Please help. I am soo confused. I have these two things but where do I go from here?

Thanks

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It sounds like your reseller was not familiar with the solution. You can play content on the DMP-4310 without the rest of the quite but it is a very manual process. The correct way to use the player is to add the rest of the solution (Digital Media Manager, Signs license, and DMP Feature Licenses). The Design tool is part of the Digital Media Manager.

You can also look at Industry Weapon. They write software specifically to the DMP 4310 that will do the content creation and management for small deployments like what you have.

I'd be glad to help if you need further assistance.

7 REPLIES

It sounds like your reseller was not familiar with the solution. You can play content on the DMP-4310 without the rest of the quite but it is a very manual process. The correct way to use the player is to add the rest of the solution (Digital Media Manager, Signs license, and DMP Feature Licenses). The Design tool is part of the Digital Media Manager.

You can also look at Industry Weapon. They write software specifically to the DMP 4310 that will do the content creation and management for small deployments like what you have.

I'd be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Thank you very much for the information. This explains alot. I've contacted Industry Weapons and I'm waiting on a call back.

I've tried pricing out the Digital Media Manager. Wow....Way out of my price range.

You can log into your DMP with a web browser, just point your browser to the DMP ip address. Once you get in, you'll see a web interface that lets you place content on the screen by specifying a URL. So, if you have a flash movie or an MPEG video, for example, you can post these immediately. Flash is a bit more flexible, since you can loop content, set up feeds, and so on, but that production will have to be done separately.

You can also uplaod a video to the DMPs internal memory and point to that through the web interface.

At the very least, you can get a flash-based slide show on the DMP by posting it to a server and just having the flash swf object loop through its own content.

HOWEVER, the DMP does not play animation in flash too well, so keep it to a minumum. Quick, small animations are best.

Good luck!

Thanks Michael. I know VERY little about Flash. I took a course about 3 years ago and havent touched it since.

Watching the Demo's on Cisco's website seemed like exactly what I was looking for. Why the heck would they price the Designer software SOOOO much? It seems outrageous to me. *shrug* guess I'm just too cheap!

Re: How to create content for my DMP-4310G

Have a look at a third party content creation system like 'AppSpace'

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I think you need to spent more time in R &d to find out how you can utilize this tool.

There is many sample way may will help you.

Designer tool is limited but can help

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Good Luck with this, wait till you try to play a list of videos ... your

going to have to get a video editor and splice them in to one big file

Cause the player can only play one video file at a time

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content