cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LCD Screen burn-in, image burn-in or ghost image, colloquially known as screen burn

PJRichardson
Level 1
Level 1

Is Cisco LCD 100 Pro 40N susceptible to LCD Screen burn-in, image burn-in or ghost image, colloquially known as screen burn ?  

How would you describe the risk?

If we have a SmartNet or Cisco warranty for this monitor, would that be covered if it occured?

Thank you,

Paul

1 Reply 1

nick.mueller
Level 6
Level 6

FYI that product is EOL:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/video/lcd-professional-series-displays/end_of_life_c51-682457.html

That said I would describe the risk as possible but low. Being an LCD, as opposed to Plasma, and an OEM from Samsung (iirc) of the professional display line, these are pretty hardy units.  The risk is there but if your content changes fairly frequently it should only be a problem over the longest of time scales.  In other words you'll likely replace the product under normal depreciation/life cycle first.

you can also use rS-232 to turn the display off when it is not in use, e.g. after hours.

my field experience to date has not seen any burn in issues, but ymmv.

Warranty coverage I don't know.

NPM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: