Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS-7835-H3 Hard Disk Led Amber Alarm

tgut
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

I have a MCS-7835-H3 Server, running DMS 5.2.1. The Server has 4 hard disk, (300Gb every disk). I've noticed one hard disk is alarmed, the led is color amber.

I was looking for some documentation about this but i can't find anything.

I was looking at the applience and AAI interface for some information about the disks status and nothing... in the log files neither...

Can somebody helpme to know what is going on?

So many thanks!

IMG01054-20120306-1136.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Error light = replace. These things are pretty accurate, so if you have an error on the disk it will probably fail at some point if it hasn't already.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

sdhanral
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This looks like hardware issue, maybe bad sectors, I would recommend opening a TAC case. They can run Hardware diagnostics on the drive to determine the exact cause of the alert - It may need a replacement.

Thanks,

Sagar Dhanrale

Thanks for your answer Sagar!

So, there is nothing that I can do for run some tests to the disk?

Thanks in advance

Error light = replace. These things are pretty accurate, so if you have an error on the disk it will probably fail at some point if it hasn't already.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron!

I will proceed to notify this and replace the disk!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: