Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate from old DMM apppliance to a new DMM appliance

panayiotiscy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Netpos,

I have been assigned to the following task: I need to install and configure a new DMM and SNS in order to update the version to 5.3 (since the old servers could have been updated only up to 5.2.2).

My concern is related with the  content (presentations layout,settings,scheduling etc) of the existing appliances.

Is there a way to migrate the content to the new appliances?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marco Cassini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Panayotis,

It is currently not supported to backup DMM/SNS configuration and content from one hardware model and restore them on a different hardware model.

A full migration option from legacy DMM hardware to new one is in plans but not available yet. I would recommend you to follow up on this with your Cisco Account team in order to stay updated on the plan.

Regards,

Marco

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marco Cassini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Panayotis,

It is currently not supported to backup DMM/SNS configuration and content from one hardware model and restore them on a different hardware model.

A full migration option from legacy DMM hardware to new one is in plans but not available yet. I would recommend you to follow up on this with your Cisco Account team in order to stay updated on the plan.

Regards,

Marco

Hi Marco,

It's been a while...!

Thanks for the quick reply, though it wasnt the expected one :-)

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: