Views
Helpful
Replies

MP4 Video wont play on DMP

LucasJans
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a DMM (5.2.1) system with several DMP4400's. I can play WMV files from the DMM to the DMP, but when i try to play a MP4 file the screen just stay black. What van be the problem of this? I have tried to convert the video file to WMV but the screen still be black when i play the WMV file.

What can I do?

4 Replies 4

panayiotiscy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Lucas,

The .mp4 video files are not directly playable by the dmp... I admit that i have faced the same problem in the past.In addition, the most misleading part of the .mp4 story is that it is shown as a valid extension to be uploaded in the Media Library.

What you really need to do is to convert your .mp4 file into MPG2- TS (transport stream) in order to be able to play it by the dmps.

Also, you may try the following workaround that i have discovered in the field. Just rename your video file e.x "file.mp4" to file "file.mpg" and then upload ti media library and see if ti works.

jwtechie211
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this issue too.... running DMM 5.3.0  and DMP 4400's

Is this a known issue with the Mp4 files?

Hi

My friend

1- question what the software version Cisco DMP?. MP4 played properly start from v 5.4 

2-You have to check the codec of your video should match "MPEG-4 (H.264 / AAC Low Complexity)", not all MP4 codecs are supported by Cisco DMP. Kindly find the attached file .

note:-My advise if you are unable to display it in MP4 , you can convert it to MPEG2 and use the below link:-

http://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-mpeg-2

Thanks

please rate all useful information

Try convert video .MP4 or .WMV to .MPG (MPEG2). DMP will play Video