Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MP4 Video wont play on DMP

Hello,

We have a DMM (5.2.1) system with several DMP4400's. I can play WMV files from the DMM to the DMP, but when i try to play a MP4 file the screen just stay black. What van be the problem of this? I have tried to convert the video file to WMV but the screen still be black when i play the WMV file.

What can I do?

4 REPLIES

Re: MP4 Video wont play on DMP

Hi Lucas,

The .mp4 video files are not directly playable by the dmp... I admit that i have faced the same problem in the past.In addition, the most misleading part of the .mp4 story is that it is shown as a valid extension to be uploaded in the Media Library.

What you really need to do is to convert your .mp4 file into MPG2- TS (transport stream) in order to be able to play it by the dmps.

Also, you may try the following workaround that i have discovered in the field. Just rename your video file e.x "file.mp4" to file "file.mpg" and then upload ti media library and see if ti works.

I am having this issue too...

I am having this issue too.... running DMM 5.3.0  and DMP 4400's

Is this a known issue with the Mp4 files?

HiMy friend1- question what

Hi

My friend

1- question what the software version Cisco DMP?. MP4 played properly start from v 5.4 

2-You have to check the codec of your video should match "MPEG-4 (H.264 / AAC Low Complexity)", not all MP4 codecs are supported by Cisco DMP. Kindly find the attached file .

note:-My advise if you are unable to display it in MP4 , you can convert it to MPEG2 and use the below link:-

http://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-mpeg-2

Thanks

please rate all useful information

Try convert video .MP4 or

Try convert video .MP4 or .WMV to .MPG (MPEG2). DMP will play Video 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content