Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Multicast Free-2-Air TV, multiple station IDs, issues

Hi,

I have setup a DMS server with DMPs and have done up some dummy content and that all works ok.

I had some one setup the Scientific Atlanta kit with a DCM and streaming Digital TV channels over the network.

VLC Media player has not issue picking these streams up.

I have added UDP media i.e udp://232.0.1.1:49410 (channel 2)

The thing is within the DCM there are service IDs within a tree i.e. 1307 is Channel 2 HD. 1308 is Channel 2 Kids, etc but still over the same UDP media stream.

Is there a way to add multiple UDP media streams  to DMS for the specific service id etc udp://232.0.1.1:49410,serviceID=1308??

The person who setup the DCM stated that every service ID could be separated into different IP addressing/Port Numbers but if the TV station changes or adds other stations (frequencies)  this could drop the station all together. This would also include if they add new services would not be automatically picked up.

VLC is capable of connecting to the main UDP stream and changing the service IDs

I am also having problems as some channels appear ok on the with sound while other channels appear without sound and around every 30 seconds the picture blanks out for about 10 seconds and comes back and keeps re-occurring.

DMS Version 5.1

DMP = 4400G, not sure which version but they are new and has not been an upgrade since April 2009.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Multicast Free-2-Air TV, multiple station IDs, issues

Please provide all the configuration parameters that you have

configured for the Multicast streams on your Streaming server.

Symptoms like these tend to be with the charactistics

of the Multicast Streams being sent to the DMP...

AFAIK, service Ids on the same mcast address is not supported on DMPs.

A single mcast address per channel.

Thanks!

T.

Bronze

Re: Multicast Free-2-Air TV, multiple station IDs, issues

Hi,

The blanking in and out has been resolved by disabling the text (closed caption) services on the stream. This only seem to occur with the SD streams not HD streams. Please see the attached for the services. I have seperated every service into its own multicast stream also.

The issue now is no sound coming through but there is like a sound that comes in every now and then (like a screach/scratching) but still no correct audio on any channels.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies